I tried to pack light for my NYC/Japan/Korea trip. Here is some pictures of my first attempts. I ended up taking out a few more things so I could put my day pack into the duffel bag to consolidate down to one bag if I wanted to.
- Outlier Slim Dungaree Pants
- Zanerobe drop shot olive pants
- Ice breaker Merino V-neck Tshirt
- Outlier Merino T shirt
- Mission Workshop Merino T shirt
- American Apparel Long sleeve Henley (Removed)
- Long sleeve flannel button down (removed)
- 1 black and 1 white scoop neck basic cotton T-shirt
- Uniqlo white OCBD
- Muji Merino wool scarf
- 3 travel silicone bottles
- Eagle creek compression cube (1 pair of uniqlo airism and 2 pairs of exofficio boxer briefs inside)
Here's everything packed into cubes with a doppler bag that I ended up getting rid of and just putting it into the compartments in my duffel bag.
Ended up having lots of extra room or so I thought, and I was considering bringing my boots but I figured I wouldn't be able to consolidate things into one bag if I brought them and ended up leaving them behind.
I felt pretty good about my first attempt to one bag everything. But it wasn't until I arrived in NYC where I felt I might've not made the best choice. Most in part due to me packing last minute few hours before leaving for the airport due to prioritizing finishing up work. I wasn't able to take a final picture of everything I brought and packed since I was in a hurry. I'll make a follow up post on what I packed and lessons learned later on.